First:
Saw my trainer today. We worked on squats (‘cause I’ve got knee problems and I round my back in the hole) and breathing pattern’s during cleans and presses and squats (‘cause I’m having trouble staying tight and breathing). She always brings clarity to problems I’m having with technique. It’s nice to have that in a life otherwise filled with clutter. The kicker is that she said I should be working on doubles. Yes. I don’t question her judgment. In fact I see the wisdom. It’s just that I feel like I’m finally getting my programming and goals dialed in. Now it’s back to square one. I know wha, wha, wha…
Coming clean part II.
(See part one)
There are actually two parts to the 1* program. The second part is one lifestyle change each week(or every other week). I was thinking this week should be increasing my water intake. The purpose is to increase satiety and detoxification. According to one of the books I am reading (I got the lifestyle change idea from The Power of 4 by Paula Owens)I need about 17 cups of water a day. Yeah. That’s not happening. Then I was thinking that a better goal would be to get my butt out of bed and walk the dog on the mornings I don’t have my daughter. But then as I was thinking about it I came to the realization that a) Abby is a pain on the leash, and b) anybody she sees at 5:30 in the morning gets barked at.
I did find a good book on loose leash walking (My Dog Pulls. What Do I Do? by Turid Rugass). We started last night, and I think it’s going to work pretty well. The concept is to call the dog back when the leash gets tight, then rewarding the dog with positive feedback when the leash is loose, rather than negative reinforcement when it’s tight. It seems to be working, but if I’m picking up Abby’s vibe, it’s working for different reasons: Uno – it interrupts her sniffing and she doesn’t like that, and Dos – she has to walk twice as much coming back all the time. She still gets the point that loose is better.
Now I just have to find a good book on the barking aspect and we’re in business. Until then I’ll be increasing my water intake.
Training:
B/W Squat; 3 x 3
GS 20kg; 3 x 3
C&P 24kg/24kg; 5(2, 3, 5)
H. Pull 2 x 17
FSq 24kg/24kg 2 x 3
Working on breathing. Not sure, but I'm thinking I'm still fatigued from the lesson.
46:30 after GS’s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment