Saturday, October 23, 2010

Am I as strong as....a girl?

Below is a video of one of the Ice Chamber Kettlebell Girls qualifying for Strongwoman LongCycle with the 28kg (at a body weight of 60kg!!). This is Grevoy Sport (GS) not the RKC Hard Style. There are stylistic differences, but I don't care this is still strong stuff. I'm currently working my cleans and presses with the 28kg. I am going to be the last person to throw stones.

So....why is this interesting to me? Well, although I like the RKC my one beef is that it's a pyramidal instructor system and I'm not interested in being an instructor. So what do I shoot for if I don't want to be an instructor? The only competitive event associated with RKC is the Tactical Strength Challenge.

What I'd wish for is a system of proving proficiency, not just qualifying to be an instructor. Kind of like earning a green belt, then on to the next. GS has just that. Now I don't intend on traveling to New York or San Francisco to compete and qualify for a ranking, nor am I going to peel away from Hard Style. I do like the idea of saying I've (roughly) achieved the equivalent of an S-44 in GS.

Today I guess I'll have to settle for saying I'm as strong as a girl.


No comments: